Skip to main content
Animals are used in translational researches because of their similar physiology to humans. They share genetic, behavioral and biochemical activities to humans. In this article Anderson and winter. (2017) highlighted the use of animals in the research fields and talked about applications where animal models replaced humans to find a cure to certain diseases. William Russell, a zoologist, and Rex Burch, a microbiologist introduced the aspect of the 3 R's as ethical conduct to be adapted in a lab setting.
Reduce the number of animals used.
Refinement which uses methods that avoid animal suffering.
Replacement of animals by other organisms or microorganisms.

 http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/0001-3765201720170238

Citation: Andersen, M. L., & Winter, L. M. (2017). Animal models in biological and biomedical research-experimental and ethical concerns. Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências, (AHEAD), 0-0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZFN Technology - What is Zinc Finger Nuclease

I have used a picture of the website below to cover a section of the poster https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/articles/biowire/zfn-technology.html

Final poster

This is how our final poster looks like. Jack and I did the final alteration and adjustment in the library.

Purple Tomatoes

I thought Purplee tomatoes would be an interesting case study to speak about as it has a lot of benefits but people still have distrust. The link to an abstract is there but I have managed to ghet hold of the full article so I'll send an email with the my notes attached. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDgJ9E8t8P7XP88Q5760LFKZvlkZBFrx/view?usp=sharing