Skip to main content

Ethical considerations with genetic modification of plants and animals: I found these results from a survey about GM food/...

Ethical considerations with genetic modification of plants and animals: I found these results from a survey about GM food/...: I found these results from a survey about GM food/ crops. I'm struggling to find the original survey though, just more of the media repo...







Reply by Nadia 21/11/2019

The Chinese survey was based on 2063 questionnaires out of nearly 1.4 billion of the overall population. The most negative attitude came from the older generation born before 1969 with 59.3% due to lack of education and background knowledge. I think Chinese consumers have a trust issue more than anything else! They don't believe what the government supports or says. China, in my opinion, should be in favour of GM food due to the fast-growing population and the need to feed the upcoming generation. Overall 46.7% have a negative view on GM food whilst only 11.9% approve it coming from people with science knowledge so people need to be educated to understand first what is Genetically Modified food is? how is it beneficial? why is it needed? then the can judge whether to approve it or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZFN Technology - What is Zinc Finger Nuclease

I have used a picture of the website below to cover a section of the poster https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/articles/biowire/zfn-technology.html

Final poster

This is how our final poster looks like. Jack and I did the final alteration and adjustment in the library.

Purple Tomatoes

I thought Purplee tomatoes would be an interesting case study to speak about as it has a lot of benefits but people still have distrust. The link to an abstract is there but I have managed to ghet hold of the full article so I'll send an email with the my notes attached. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDgJ9E8t8P7XP88Q5760LFKZvlkZBFrx/view?usp=sharing