Skip to main content

Statistics from the home office about the number of procedures using animals in scientific researches up to 2017

The statistics show a clear decline in the number of animals used in scientific researches. The total number went down by 4% between 2015 and 2017 and that is mainly because some animals are used for more that one procedure. During the last few years, there was an increase in genetically modified animals being bred, specifically mice.


https://speakingofresearch.com/facts/uk-statistics/

Citation: Speaking of Research. (2019). UK Animal Research Statistics. [online] Available at: https://speakingofresearch.com/facts/uk-statistics/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZFN Technology - What is Zinc Finger Nuclease

I have used a picture of the website below to cover a section of the poster https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/technical-documents/articles/biowire/zfn-technology.html

Final poster

This is how our final poster looks like. Jack and I did the final alteration and adjustment in the library.

Purple Tomatoes

I thought Purplee tomatoes would be an interesting case study to speak about as it has a lot of benefits but people still have distrust. The link to an abstract is there but I have managed to ghet hold of the full article so I'll send an email with the my notes attached. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDgJ9E8t8P7XP88Q5760LFKZvlkZBFrx/view?usp=sharing